Under general supervision, responsible for maintenance of Secretariat’s facilities, infrastructure, interior and exterior set up; carries out arrangement and supervises the delivery of required operational services/goods for Secretarial needs. Assists in organization and holding of all aspects of GECF internal and external meetings, including Ministerial and Executive Board meetings; workshops; working groups, etc.
1. Plans, coordinates, executes and manages provision of diverse range of goods and support service resources (manpower, equipment, transport, printing, catering, cleaning, installation, repairs, etc.);
2. Manages contracting activity, procurement requests, coordinates of bidding/tenders on qualified suppliers, as may be required; responsible for purchase/delivery of goods/materials/equipment, services, etc.;
3. Responsible for maintenance of office premises and working places in a safe, ergonomic and secured manner by contributing to the development of procedures relevant to HSSE (health, safety, security and environment) and ensuring that applicable standards are been adapted and followed;
4. Manages repairing and maintenance work and supervises contracted workforce during job execution to ensure effective repairs and keeping disruption to the working environment to a minimum;
5. Landlords operational interface (liaison with Tornado Tower management) and responsible for benchmarking facilities management with key companies;
6. Assists in office space planning and workspace design;
7. Assists in fixed assets management, including its safety usage and timely inventory; coordinates moves of furniture and equipment;
8. Contributes to the administrative support of GECF events and meetings, including but not limited to program preparation, resources and budget planning, search for suppliers, preparation of contracting documentation for provision of goods and services, maintaining communication with delegates for logistic coordination; insures that venue is ready for the meetings; preparation of reports after the meetings;
9. Provides diverse support services and technical expertise as focal point for all matters related to office facilities and logistics operations.
10. Acts as the first emergency contact (emergency response planning, work and people relocation planning, telephone cascading);
11. Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by his/her relevant superiors (Secretary General or Department Head) as pertaining to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Language: Excellent command of English & capable of writing reports.
Skills, Knowledge & Personal traits: Strong interpersonal & computer skills.
Requires full working knowledge of job responsibilities and related practices and procedures.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving: Identifies the problem and finds solution to moderately complex problems. Utilizes knowledge, experience & available resources to find solutions. Makes recommendations for solutions.
Communication Effectiveness: Communicates & interprets policies & procedures. Writes & presents reports. Shares the information in a clear & concise manner. Formally transfer administrative knowledge to others.
Decision making: Decision making guided by general instructions & practices.
Leading: Seeks opportunities & sets goals for own development. Identifies & learns from advisors.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $5,000 – $6,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Max: 58
B.A. in Business or Public Administration.