• Set high academic standards for every student in the class while still adapting to the individual needs of each child.
• Prepare lesson plans in advance that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to future education, also showing students how this knowledge is useful in the real world.
• Teach several different classes of students the rules of grammar, punctuation, spelling and other nuances of the English language.
• Track and report performance data to determine where changes need to be made and which strategies and methods are working.
• Attend weekly staff meetings to address unique situations or problems with individual students so you can adapt your lesson plans to meet their needs.
• Develop stable, solid relationships with students with appropriate boundaries so they know you are available to help them when they need it.
• Promote parent/teacher/student associations and encourage students and their guardians to get involved in the community and in the school.
• Attend special events held by the school and engage with students and their parents in an appropriate, friendly way.
•Bachelor’s degree in English teaching
•State certification and licensing to be a qualified English teacher
•Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including sitting and standing for long periods of time
- Job Location
- Basra, Iraq
- Company Industry
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.