Main Purpose of the Job:
The primary function of the QA/QC Engineer is to ensure the quality of the project, from the beginning of the project to its completion.
* Review the contractor Project Quality Assurance Program (PQAP).
* Monitor the implementation of the approved PQAP.
* Review the contractor submittals and to ensure that it is conforming to PQAP and to the contract requirements.
* Monitor and ensure that all the project documents are filed and saved in relevant folders.
* Coordinate with MM Civil Engineers and Materials Engineer and ensure that all site inspection, testing and reporting is in line with the approved Inspection and Testing Plan.
* Conduct regular site surveillance to ensure that the work is performed as per the latest approved drawings, method statement, materials and as per the project quality control procedure and to report the nonconformities to RE.
* Prepare QA/QC reports.
* Prepare for the internal and external audits and to ensure all the project procedures and documents are in line with Project/MM system requirements.
* Follow up the clearance of audit NCRs
* Check and review MM standard forms in the project and to ensure that all the staff is using latest version.
* Monitor the project drawings and documents and to ensure that the old version of drawing and documents are replaced with the revised version and old versions are stamped as “Superseded”.
* Monitor and ensure that all site staff are holding the latest approved drawing and/or documents.
* Participate in preparation of the monthly report and the project periodic reports
* To update progress construction charts presented in the MM site office in coordination of RE/Planning Specialist.
* Report and document any accident and/or safety violations and notify RE/HSE Engineer immediately.
* Attend preconstruction meetings for all construction activities.
* Attend MM site periodic meetings
* Perform any duties assigned by the CRE/RE in line with the project works.
* Understand implications of H&S regulations, Industry Standards and Government Regulations
Essential Candidate Requirements:
* 20 years experience in major construction projects, preferably transport
* Hold an Engineering Degree or higher qualification
* Has worked for a considerable time in the Middle-East
* Can demonstrate a proven ability of working in a similar environment with successful outcomes
* Has ability to develop, monitor, audit and maintain QA/QC for major construction project.
* Able to monitor and track audit contract compliance
* In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence we do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
* With integrity
* With due skill, care and diligence
* In good faith, and
* In compliance with all applicable laws
* Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
* Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken in English and Arabic, although Arabic is not essential.
* Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
* Ensure MacDonald policies are implemented and adhered in our activities
* Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.