Responsible for the installation, maintenance, operation and proper functioning of all electrical and/or mechanical plants, and/or civil equipment and systems in assigned areas of responsibility, ensuring compliance with local and international standards and regulations.
To coordinate and control the civil building engineering services when applicable.
As an engineer-in-charge of hospital(s) or area(s), support hospital administration in the provision of engineering services to meet the needs of the medical, nursing, support services and other departments.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision and values.
2. Responsible for the direction, supervision and control of a group of staff assigned in the area.
3. Provide in-house professional civil, electrical and/or mechanical engineer’s services and support to hospital departments.
4. Administer and coordinate all activities pertaining to civil, electrical and/or mechanical engineering works and services.
5. Prepare specifications of civil, electrical and/or mechanical works associated with in-house projects and monitor civil, electrical and/or mechanical contract work on behalf of HMC as designated.
6. Review specifications and drawings prepared by private consultants ensuring design meets statutory, HMC and recognized international health industry requirements.
7. Conduct regular evaluation of installed electrical and/or mechanical plants and systems and propose and/or design and implement the appropriate replacement or modifications as part of the facility upgrading programmes.
8. Provide technical support to Materials Management and hospital departments in the procurement of electrical and/or mechanical engineering services, equipments and materials in terms of specifications preparation and participation in bid evaluation.
9. Support and implement, in conjunction with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), an effective planned preventive maintenance programme of equipment under his responsibility, updating same regularly.
10. Submit yearly capital equipments, manpower and tools requirements for the section or unit as part of the department’s annual budget preparation programme.
11. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; and in particular infection control, safety and quality management.
12. Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from a reputable education centre.
Professional engineer registration in an accredited organization or recognized government body is desirable
5 years minimum experience in electrical equipment operation and maintenance, at least 3 years of which in supervisory capacity in hospital facilities, building complex and/or industrial institution
English – proficient, both verbal and written – essential.
Arabic – Basic knowledge – beneficial
Well versed in MS Office Applications
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Healthcare, other
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Electrical Engineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma