PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The Economic Security Field Officer provides active and substantial contribution to the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of new livelihood interventions in Jordan as well as supporting existing interventions in the south of the country. The activities are in line with the country strategy and under the supervision and guidance of the Economic Security Generalist 3 (EcoSec Delegate) and where possible in collaboration with a technical consultant. The Field Officer is based in Amman with substantial time spent in the field (up to 75%).
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
MAIN DUTIES :
- Contributes to developing detailed response options for new livelihoods interventions in the area of livestock, based on the November 2017 ICRC report Jordan – Livestock Sector in collaboration with the EcoSec Delegate and/or a livestock consultant.
• Provides support to existing EcoSec programmes (in-kind food and hygiene distribution) in the south of Jordan where required.
• Contributes to analysing the security, socioeconomic, cultural and political environment as it relates to the development of livestock interventions and to EcoSec interventions more generally.
• Plans, organises and implements field visits in support of livestock interventions.
• Develops and maintains a network of local and district-level contacts relevant to interventions (population, community leaders, authorities, NGOs etc.)
• Represents the ICRC at meetings with the JRCS and other interlocutors.
• Collects data using data-collection tools and devices and contributes to the design of new tools or adjustment of existing tools.
• Performs qualitative and qualitative data analysis.
• Reports on field activities and meetings in timely written reports and actively shares reports and lessons learnt in the field verbally with colleagues in the office.
• Produces and files technical reporting and contributes to internal reporting.
• Translates documents from Arabic to English for internal use and interprets Arabic/English upon request.
• Cooperates and closely coordinates with other departments in the delegation.
Internally, interacts with colleagues in the Amman delegation.
Externally, maintains and develops a network of local/district level contacts relevant to the field interventions.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
• High school diploma and higher technical or professional education or university degree in economics, social or political science, veterinary or agricultural science.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity.
• Good command (spoken and written) of English and Arabic.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Community Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,000 – $1,500
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 25