To assist HMC to provide a quality living environment for all guests at the Medical City Hotel as well as all staff members at the housing accommodation and recreation facilities. This position has responsibility for the planning, organizing, and controlling of housing and catering the guest at Medical City hotel and the staff members at the housing accommodation and recreation facilities.
The role ensures an customer oriented service, an effective allocation guests and staff, according to HMC criteria and policies given by Housing and Unit Manager, as well as ensuring that high standards of fixtures, furnishings, amenities are maintained within the facility.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision, and values.
2. Plans, controls, and monitors hotel room allocations as well as Housing allocation and recreation facilities to ensure effective resource utilization.
3. Liaises with Hotel Manager in aligning room allocations of all guests efficiently and according to the requirements
4. Liaises with Housing and Human Resource staff in aligning room allocations for the housing facility.
5. Supervises and handles the check-in process for all new arrivals / guests to ensure a streamlined and efficient accommodation service is maintained at all times.
6. Organize the catering requirements outlined by the Hotel Manager and Housing for all new arrivals and guests
7. Regular checks of the entire hotel area including rooms and recreation as well as the housing and recreation facility in regards to maintenance and quality of fixtures and fittings.
8. Follow up and control on scheduled furniture and fixture maintenance of the hotel and housing facilities
9. Liaises within the Hospitality Department staff, e.g. Housekeeping, Security, Transportation and other Services to ensure cleaning, maintenance and requested service are done and are of high standards.
10. Investigates and solves incidents which occur in the hotel / housing facility and makes appropriate reports to management.
11. Maintains databases on hotel rooms’ as well as housing utilization and develops management reports which show planned and actual occupancy levels.
12. Makes recommendations to management on ways to improve hotel / housing services, processes, and systems.
13. Communicates to guests and staff members on HMC policies, practices, and standards.
14. Ensures compliance to safety, health, and security policies and standards at all times.
15. Will work in shifts to ensure a 24/7 service including weekends and holidays
16. Ensures that HMC Health and safety standards are maintained at all times
17. Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma and additional 4 years of working experience in a hotel
Minimum: out of 4 years working experience 3 years in a position related experience to Reservation, Guest Relation, Food & Beverage or Front Office
English – essential; additional Arabic is a plus
High level skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point as well as Opera, Fidelio or similar Hotel booking systems
Must have a Qatari Driving License
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician; Healthcare, other
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- High school or equivalent