• Manage operational activities offshore for individual operations or contracts.
• Manage operational activities onshore for individual operations or contracts.
• Manage Logistics for individual operations or contracts
• Maintain contact with key personnel within current and potential customers.
• Co-ordinate the preparation of Pre-qualification and Tender responses.
Description of Duties
Duties shall include, but should not be limited to, the following:
• Plan logistics and prepare Drilling Fluid Programs and Quality Plans for individual Operations.
• Forecast material requirements for specific operations and liaise with other Project Engineers, Country Manager and Distribution Manager to ensure timely purchase of sufficient stock.
• Ensure approval for mixing and/or centrifuging of drilling fluids is obtained and initiate these processes within a reasonable timeframe in accordance with operational requirements.
• Ensure the implementation of the Quality Plan by liaison with all relevant departments.
• Supervise the company’s activities in the field, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements, expectations of the customer and internal procedures.
• Conduct induction of Drilling Fluids Engineers to the specific operator and drilling fluids systems in use.
• Maintain regular contact with relevant customer personnel and Drilling Fluids Engineers regarding drilling/drilling fluids operations.
• Ensure correct and appropriate use of company products, services and resources.
• Request support as necessary from management and/or other departments to ensure sufficient back-up during operations where appropriate.
• Assist with trouble-shooting mud related problems at the rig-site including liaison with other departments as required.
• Ensure preparation and submission of end of well reports and cost reconciliation’s in a timely manner.
• Direct the co-ordination of travel and accommodation for individual Drilling Fluids Engineers.
• Liaise with Technical Department as required to satisfy customer’s technical requirements.
• Advise the Technical Department on technical presentation requirements pertinent to future work or the use of new products or drilling fluid systems.
• Assist the Country Manager in the development and implementation of a strategy for sales and marketing.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental
• Ensure implementation of the company’s and the customer’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Quality Plans.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the company’s (and where appropriate the customer’s) Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Procedures and ensure all legal and contractual requirements are fulfilled to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Maintain an active role in the identification of Opportunities for Improvement in the company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems and where relevant assist in the implementation of these improvements.
• Supervise NOV’s and customer HSE programs during projects
Any similar experience
• Open and active customer relation
• Cooperation and Team Work Attitude
• Planning and Implementation
• Training and Development
- Job Location
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.