To manage and coordinate the Company’s operational activities
• Managing and supervising current contracts and ensuring good contact with both established and potential customers.
• To respond to tenders and ensure that contract handling is in accordance with company’s policy.
• Ensure full implementation of all Company Management Systems within his area of responsibility.
• Implementation of the company’s marketing and sales strategy
• To monitor and analyze the market, set strategy and plan across all business lines to ensure optimum levels of service delivery, market share, and profitability, according to corporate standards
• To implement corporate and local QHSE policies to ensure the safety and protection of employees and the environment at all times. To demonstrate personal leadership & commitment to programs
• To ensure all company activity is conducted in a professional and ethical manner, to manage costs assets, inventory, and receivables effectively to deliver optimum financial results
• To implement personnel management plans to evaluate employee performance, provide training & development needs. To indentify candidates with management potential for succession planning
• To ensure the appropriate coordination across functional departments, business lines, locations to maximise business levels and introduce new technology to clients.
• To maintain strong relationships with clients and makes regular visits to operating locations to evaluate client satisfaction and ensure good levels of communication with all employees
• To stay in contact with Technical Department Mainland Europe to maintain high technical standards by the Drilling Fluids Engineers through information and training about new products and technology.
• Ensure that all Drilling Fluids personnel’s training requirements are identified and systematically met in accordance with the company’s training policy and procedures and that suitable records are kept.
• Ensure that your own training requirements are identified and systematically met in accordance with the company’s training policy and procedures.
Description of Duties
Duties shall include, but should not be limited to, the following;
• To manage, supervise, co-ordinate all fluids activities
• To maintain contact and further develop communications and relationships with present and potential customers.
• Be responsible for recruitment of new operational personnel.
• Be responsible for acknowledgment of invitations to tender and the preparation of all tender submissions
• To ensure that work carried out onshore and offshore drilling Fluids personnel is performed professionally according to internal and external requirements.
• Be responsible for the final approval of drilling fluid proposals and end of well reports.
• To assist in the preparation of budgets.
• To keep a close cost control
• To ensure safety, discipline and motivation of all personnel reporting to the Country Manager.
• To make relevant comments to the monthly profit and loss statement.
• Formulate plans in association with Area Engineer and Senior Engineer to satisfy material, logistics, plant and facility requirements.
• Ensure prudent use of both expenses and entertainment budgets within his scope of responsibility.
Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental
• Ensure implementation of the company’s and the customer’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Quality Plans.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the company’s (and where appropriate the customer’s) Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Procedures and ensure all legal and contractual requirements are fulfilled to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Maintain an active role in the identification of Opportunities for Improvement in the company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems and where relevant assist in the implementation of these improvements.
Minimum 10 years of drilling fluids experience
• Leadership and Initiative
• Active and open customer relation
• Planning and Implementation
• Training and Developing
- Job Location
- Muscat, Oman
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Oil and Gas
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10