Basic Function and Scope:
Reporting directly to the Contract Lead, Contract Engineer will be responsible for the activities associated with the formation and execution of a contract in Project Assurance Contracts Department.
This will include preparation of contract strategy and management support through the entire contracting process i.e. planning, solicitation, evaluation, award and post-award, including coordination with and providing advice to various departments within Engineering and Projects Group.
Tasks and Duties:
• Develop scope of work and compensation template for engineering, feasibility study, FEED, EPC, EPCm type of works.
• Take part in Stage Gate reviews at various stages of project development.
• Recommend contract strategy to best fit company requirement i.e. risk distribution issues related to company and contractor, type of contract, pricing structure, prequalification/technical/commercial evaluation, duration, milestone, etc.
• Support project engineers in preparing Services Request and its attachment; compile and validate documents that are to be sent to Supply Department for launch the tender.
• Liaise with Supply Department and take part in tendering, award and change order process.
• Keep the contract document up to date and ensure that all documents relating to the contract are consistent.
• Support project engineers in monitoring contractor performance and obligation under the contract.
• Evaluate contractor’s claims and defend claims from contractors. If claim is accepted, incorporate changes into a contract
• Support project control in preventing cost overrun.
• Participate in contract audit, review records for accuracy and conformance to standards.
• Forecast and plan for the expiration of existing contracts.
• Facilitate close-out by ensuring contract obligation has been fulfilled and invoices have been paid, no outstanding claims exist and all deliverables have been received and approved.
• Degree in Engineering or Science majoring in Engineering in the area of specialization from an accredited university.
• Minimum 6 years of contract experience with the oil & Gas industry.
• A good level of analytical and structured approach to formulation and administering contractual issues together with skills in appropriate computer software, technical report writing and good English written and oral skills.
• Knowledge of all phases of the Project Lifecycle, i.e. Pre FEED, FEED, Execution &
• Ability to demonstrate capacity to work well in team situations.
• Should be proactive, a self-starter, and be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Able to plan, monitor, and coordinate work activities.
Qatargas, established in 1984, pioneered the LNG Industry in Qatar. Today, Qatargas is the largest LNG producer in the world with a capacity of 42 MTA from its seven trains, delivering safety and reliably LNG to its customers in all four corners of the world from its first class facilities in Qatar. As a high caliber professional you too can make a difference – change your future, join Qatargas and change the world.
Qatargas offers a secure expatriate lifestyle in an international community with educational, medical and recreational facilities, competitive tax-free salaries, a full range of benefits, including family or bachelor housing, furnishings and generous paid annual vacation back to your country of origin.