As part of its Country-focused Capacity Building Programme in the Arab region, the MS International Federation (MSIF) is seeking experienced consultant(s)/a Consultancy Company based in Saudi Arabia to mentor Arfa MS Society in the areas of strategic and operational planning in order to build their organisational capacity.
MSIF is a unique global network of MS organisations, people affected by MS, volunteers and staff from around the world. Our movement is made up of 49 MS organisations with links to many others. We inspire, mobilise and bring the world together to improve the quality of life of everybody affected by MS and to end MS forever.
MSIF has been working with the Arab region since 2008 and in the current strategic period 21st of is committed to continuing its efforts to strengthen the capacity of MS organisations in the region, which, in turn, will be better able to meet the needs of people affected by MS.
The Country-focused Capacity Building Programme comes under MSIF’s activities in the Arab region and Arfa MS Society has been selected to benefit from the Programme. The key objective of working with Arfa MS Society is to improve the skills and increase internal capacity of Arfa MS Society in the identified areas of need.
In October 2017 an organisational capacity assessment was carried out for Arfa MS Society to help identify their key area(s) of need. Strategic and operational planning was prioritized as one of the areas of work for the Programme. Arfa MS Society has a vision, mission and overall objectives in place, but needs to develop a comprehensive operational/action plan.
A period of mentoring and coaching to build the capacity of Arfa MS Society in the area of Strategic and operational planning. The service will therefore consist of carrying out the following tasks through workshops and follow up calls, Skype, email:
• carrying out of pre and post-tests to assess the increase in knowledge gained by staff and volunteers from the mentoring and coaching service;
• carry out current state analysis for Arfa MS Society using SWOT analysis or similar tools
• providing Arfa MS Society personnel with a better understanding of the elements included in strategic and operational planning and the tools used to do this;
• Provide Arfa MS Society personnel with a training on setting performance indicators and measuring impact
• putting together a Governance Framework that outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Board and staff members, including decision-making levels and reporting mechanisms;
• reviewing data collected from people with and affected by MS and integrating their needs and views into the Society’s Strategic and Operational Plan;
• reviewing and revising Arfa MS Society’s current Strategic Plan (vision, mission, objectives) and setting the organisations’ strategic objectives;
• putting together a comprehensive five-year Operational Plan (including programmes and activities linked to the strategic objectives) to implement and achieve the objectives of the revised Strategic Plan, clearly outlining the roles and responsibilities of the Board and staff members, monitoring and evaluation systems and plan, timeline and costs.
• Preparation, in liaison with the MSIF Secretariat and Arfa MS Society, of the mentoring service
• Participation in 1-2 webinar/teleconference/Skype calls prior to the start of the mentoring service with the MSIF Secretariat and Arfa MS Society, call charges to be covered by MSIF
• Meeting with Arfa MS Society at the start of the service to brief and set a timeline for the period
• Preparation of all relevant materials required during the service
• Delivery of the mentoring service during the period of 15 March and 15 September 2018.
• Participation in around 4 teleconference/Skype calls with the MSIF Secretariat during the service, call charges to be covered by MSIF
• Governance Framework
• Revised Five-year Strategic Plan 2018 until 2023;
• Five-year Operational plan 2018 until 2023;
• Arfa volunteers and staff members demonstrate a better understanding of, and are able to effectively use, various strategic and operational planning tools;
• Results of the volunteers’ pre and post-tests.
MSIF is seeking consultant(s), currently living and working in Saudi Arabia, to carry out a six-month mentoring and coaching service in strategic and operational planning. This consultancy is open to individuals and/or a group/team of consultant(s).
The consultant(s) will be required to give a maximum of 15 working days in total (to include material preparation) between 15 March and 15 September 2018.
• A proposal in Arabic/English of no more than 2-3 pages explaining how you would respond to the Brief indicating the methodology/techniques you would use. This should include tasks to be included and a breakdown of the time/days required to carry these out.
• An outline of the budget for the service (the daily rate for preparing and carrying out the service).
• CVs (in Arabic but with an English version if possible) for all consultant(s) who will be involved in the work.
It is essential that the consultant/consultancy team has the following skills:
• native Arabic-speaker;
• good spoken and written English is preferred;
• proven work experience in the field of NGOs governance;
• proven work experience in the field of strategic and operational planning and NGO capacity building;
• proven experience of working with small/emerging NGOs;
• a good understanding of the Saudi civil society sector;
• excellent facilitation skills;
• proven experience in training, consulting or on-the-job coaching of NGOs in Saudi Arabia and/or the Arab region in the areas of strategic and operational planning.
- Job Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type:
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Residence Location:
- Saudi Arabia