• Facilitating and coordinating community-based projects that fully involve the refugees in identifying the most pressing gaps and needs, proposing solutions, and implementing environmental sustainable projects.
• Design and propose ongoing activities for IRD program(s) and/or location(s) especially for managing community based initiatives to encourage and involve the community at large in using critical thinking and creative skills to create second life products through upcycling and recycling.
• Train the community groups in community lead initiatives, ownership and advocacy.
• Contribute to the community based project sub-working group.
• Proactively identify stakeholders and gaps in services.
• Proactively assess the capacity of community groups and suggest the needed trainings.
• Identify and record necessary materials needed for implementing the agreed initiatives, in accordance with procurement procedures to attain items.
• Manage raising community awareness about the benefits of recycling and alternative solutions, maintain competitive methods, and select community-based solutions from refugees.
• Working in full coordination with other CESR components to maximize the benefit of the selected activities and initiatives and encourage the involvement of the community at large.
• Conduct outreach to community to understand needs/interests, develop relationships, and recruit beneficiaries to programs
• Facilitate meetings with refugees, including beneficiaries and volunteers
• Represent IRD in coordination meetings and interagency projects upon assignment from the line manager
• Any other duties assigned by the line manager depending on the work load and needs
• At least 3 years work experience and/or volunteer experience in the humanitarian sector, with refugees/vulnerable populations
• Previous work and/or volunteer experience in activities management, including volunteer management is a plus
• Good experience in working directly on community based initiatives from the planning to implementation.
• Strong background in managing initiatives and projects and working with large number of volunteers.
• A good understanding of refugee camp dynamics, limitations and environmental challenges is vital.
• Experience in the training people on how to design proper initiatives and gain wider involvement from community is a plus
Physical Requirements (field visits).
• Able to handle commute and long hours
• Able to work in refugee camp environment (desert, weather, landscape)
- Job Location
- Mafraq, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma