JOB PURPOSETo provide research and specialised communications services that support the creation of content and services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Under the guidance of the communications officer and in collaboration with the Multimedia Producer:Social Media (70%)1. Develop and execute social medias plan for Youtube and Twitter to engage with multiple strategic audiences in Arabic and English.2. Monitor and moderate comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation. Schedule content to create a regular stream of posts for audience interaction according to communications goals and targets.3. Create high-quality pictures, videos, and stories on and for WFP Jordan for use on social media accounts. 4. Share content with WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo (RBC) and HQ teams, along with external stakeholders, partners and donors, for their use on their own social media platforms and channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tiktok, Linkedin).5. Work with staff to raise awareness of social media needs and encourage them to generate ideas for content. 6. Collect and analyze social media metrics to gauge reach, engagement and other performance measures for social media posts, accounts and campaigns. Produce a monthly report on the metrics to inform results-based decision making and drive the effective use of resources and adjust social media plans accordingly. 7. Monitor and stay on top of new trends and propose new ideas to improve WFP Jordan’s social media content and presence to help build a larger and engaged follower base. Communication and information management (30%)1. Manage the content produced for social media in WFP’s databases; ensuring that content is stored in the respective folders with clear descriptions. 2. Produce a daily news monitor – as per the needs of the communications team and the country office. 3. Assist the communications team with projects, events, workshops and general administrative duties as necessary.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the field of communications, including 2 years in communications and media, journalism, social sciences or another relevant field, Experience in communication and social media management is essential, Experience producing and interpreting web or social media analytics to inform strategies and work plans is essential, Experience in developing and writing copy for social media videos, photos and written content.Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies