Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The core function of this role involves continuous engagement with the management team, utilizing ones business acumen to advise on the best possible ways to contract for Software License and Maintenance within the MENA region.
The role requires a strongly experienced Deal Approval Lead / Advisor who manages strategic deals with different Commercial Business Subject Matter Experts, Commercial Business Partnering and Sales Management on a Project Management approach.
The role has a very strong Commercial Finance Project Management focus. The Commercial Business Partner will hold a key position in Strategic deal shaping and approval and offering solutions for complex deal scenarios starting early in the sales cycle.
The role is focused on actively building and maintaining trustful and cooperative business-oriented partnerships with Sales, GFA Organizations and the Global Strategic Initiative team (GSI).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
– Executes and negotiates sales and related contracts where necessary, participates in contractual negotiations with customers as required.
– Driving the decision making process taking into account various factors such as: customer requirements; field organization business targets and needs; internal rules and restrictions; financial risks and compliance matters; escalation management where appropriate.
– Provides sound commercial advice to the local sales and executive team.
– Engages with the Shared Services Centre on order management and contract administration related tasks
– Assists the commercial department with other business relevant tasks as and when required.
– Develop and improve processes within the commercial department to make it more efficient and effective at supporting the business while still ensuring compliance to all relevant policies, laws and procedures.
– Provide training to the sales teams on various commercial topics.
– Ensures proper fulfillment of IFRS and Sarbanes – Oxley rules for the completeness, accuracy, transparency of accounting practices and accurate revenue recognition.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
– University degree in related fields (Economics, Business Administration, Law, Finance etc.)
– Candidate must have excellent computer literacy skills:
* MS Word – Excellent
* MS Excel – Excellent
* MS PowerPoint – Excellent
* SAP ERP – Substantial
– Candidate must have excellent command of written & spoken English, any additional language is a plus,
– Candidate must have excellent communication and problem solving skills,
– Candidate must have excellent cross-cultural skills and good negotiation skills,
– Good follow-up, hardworking, having multitasking abilities,
– Candidate must be self-motivated to work in a challenging team environment,
– Candidate must have experience of the SAP Contract Management System.
– Understanding of the business processes of companies
– Being familiar with software systems used in contract administration is a plus
– Min 3 years experience in related field.
– Candidate should ideally be working within a commercial/legal department/shared services
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world’s largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP’s product portfolio and extends SAP’s leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.