Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in around 30 countries, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by nearly 1300 staff, IRC’s Syria Response Region (SRR) is undertaking programs in Syria and neighboring countries of Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and Iraq.
The Jordan country program, with a current budget of almost $50 million, operates in Jordan and cross-border in Syria. This position will be dedicated to both in Jordan and cross-border work in Syria, which includes health, protection, livelihoods/vouchers, and works with a wide range of partners and sub-awardees.
The cleaner is responsible for ensuring that the IRC facilities is clean and tidy of IRC staff, ensuring that IRC spaces are appropriately organized; and providing support to logistics functions that the staff need.
The Cleaner will undertake the following tasks:
• Ensure that all offices and the kitchen and bathrooms are clean, tidy, and in order.
• Empty and clean rubbish bins on a daily basis and deposit rubbish in designated areas.
• Responsible for all the materials in the kitchen, i.e.: tea, sugar, Nescafe, milk..etc., as well as the cleaning materials.
• Provides supervisor with the required stuff need for the kitchen and the whole office on monthly basis.
• Ensure outside walkways remain clear and free of debris.
• Notify supervisor of any repairs required.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Positive attitudes and behaviors:
• A positive attitude towards staff.
• Ability to handle equipment used in cleaning
• Ability to walk, bend, push, pull and lift repetitively during working hours
• Honesty, integrity and personal ethics.
• Initiative, high energy and persistence to get the job done.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr.Field Officer
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts: N/A
• Secondary School.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position.
• Arabic is the mother tongue. English is a plus.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
- High school or equivalent