The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will be responsible for leading and developing the delivery of Interserve’s growing vocational education and training business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
With initial P&L responsibility for a SAR250m/£50m TO portfolio, spanning across 7 colleges and operating in a complex and challenging environment, the successful post holder will be accountable for providing the leadership, management and vision that is necessary to ensure that we successfully operate our Colleges, deliver excellent standards of education and exceed on our performance commitments to our customers.
In support of this, the COO will ensure that the business has effective operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems necessary to ensure financial strength, quality of delivery and operating efficiency.
In addition, the role must successfully build strong, commercially-beneficial relationships with Colleges of Excellence and other key government stakeholders, building trust in our capabilities and ensuring that we remain a key strategic partner with a long-term future, assisting the KSA with its overall Vision 2030 objectives.
The role will also be responsible for developing and mobilising ongoing growth opportunities, including in the wider GCC region and helping to shape Interserve’s longer term strategy across the region.
As the most senior post in-country, the COO will provide leadership to circa 700 staff and the direct line management of an SMT and College Principles
Required Education and Experience
1. Educated to Bachelor’s Degree Level as a minimum
2. Clear experience of operating at a senior level within the college education and/or vocational training sectors with a strong preference for direct experience of the sector in the KSA
3. Significant operational and leadership experience demonstrated through similar roles and in managing multiple-disciplines, including Delivery teams, Finance, HR, Operations and Quality Assurance
Desirable Education and Experience
1. Master’s degree in business, education or related field.
2. Experience of operating in KSA or similar environments
Additional Desirable Criteria
1. Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning and financial management
2. Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
3. Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to a corporate mission aligned to Interserve’s 4 values
4. Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Interserve Learning & Employment provides first class skills, education and employment services to help break down barriers to prosperity. Our ever expanding team offers flexible, tailored support to teenagers and adults from all walks of life, including school leavers, employees who seek career development and anyone who, through illness or changing circumstances, has been prevented from completing their journey into work. With our help, tens of thousands of people a year embark on training or jobs, which has a positive impact on wider communities and local economies.