DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chartered Structural Engineer is expected to be mainly involved with the Design Department and occasionally with the Construction Department. Will be reporting directly to the Project Director and in direct contact with the Assistant Undersecretary Advisory Unit.
• Review of the current structural design procedures.
• Review related current structural specification for the Construction.
• Provide necessary inputs in updating the structural part of the design procedures manual.
• Acts as the first line of contact with the Design Department to respond to their queries and support them in any design or contractual issues.
• Provide necessary support to the Construction Supervision team; when and as required.
• Identify and manage planning related risks.
• Review and comment on periodical reporting; prior to passing to the Planning Expert for the scheduled reporting to the Undersecretary Office.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Structural Engineering from a recognized University with Chartered or Professional Engineer.
• Minimum 20 years of structural design experience of large road, highway, bridge projects.
• Fully conversant and proficient in structural design software including SAP2000, Etabs, Safe, Prokon, Midas Set, Mathcad, Autodesk Structural Bridge Design, STAAD Pro V8i.
• Commitment to safety and quality standards.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Candidates must be proficient in English both written and oral. Arabic language communication skills would be a plus.
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.