On IPS procurement engagements, responsible for development of regional, or country sourcing category strategies to ensure individual IPS contract deliverables are met or exceeded. Some of the tasks include:
- develop and manage individual or multiple category sourcing plans for specific IPS contracts;
- interface with the client on the category specific strategic sourcing objectives;
- responsible for the execution of contract requirements related to the assigned category;
- active reporting to project and procurement leadership team on status, issues, and corrective actions
- Lead education and advise clients and suppliers on strategies
- Perform periodic spend analysis within managed commodity scope to identify opportunities and tactical initiative
- Promote process efficiencies through focus on automated channels where applicable
- Optimizing supply base opportunities across managed commodities
- Gathering information for benchmarks
- Assist with analyzing existing contracts
Organizational Alignment: Business direction and responsibility aligned to Sourcing Manager (SM) for each individual engagement. Functionally, reports to and takes direction from the geography sourcing leader.
Experience: Proven procurement professional with experience and leadership in a specific category and previous exposure to client facing engagements.
Candidate must have a proven record in the following key areas:
- Category knowledge. Current working knowledge of category strategies in targeted indirect or direct categories.
- Negotiations. Development of negotiation strategies (local and international) and successful closure of documented plans.
- Supplier Relationships. Experience in working with multiple suppliers in development of win/win sourcing strategies.
- Leadership. Council or sub-council leadership or sourcing management experience
- Network. Ability to operate in a matrix organization and interact with a variety of IBM procurement professionals (council members, consultants, GPS team members) across geographies
- Tools. Knowledge of procurement tools and systems as well as procurement techniques (i.e. reverse auctions)
- Project and Risk Management. Must have the ability to develop concurrent detailed project plans and execute against these plans.
- Client Interaction. Client insight and experience in conveying messages in an external environment as well as managing conflict internally and externally.
- Workplace Tools. Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Project).
- Business Process. Knowledge of procurement processes and management information needed by SPM to manage internal IBM and client expectations.
- Reliability. Proven track record on prior projects. Must be able to execute in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Self-Motivating. Must be able to work independently and have demonstrated strong personal initiative.
- Language. English as the primary language; additionally Arabic strongly recommended.
- Work Location. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (Saudi Industrial Area -2)
- Travel. 90% in Saudi Industrial Area – 2. 10% travel within Jeddah only
- Extended Work Hours. Due to the global nature of most engagements, multiple late night calls each week may be required to ensure understanding of issues and progress in each of three geographies.
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting; Facilities Management; Other
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia