Ultimately the incumbent should deliver efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Engage with Heads of Units to understand and ensure alignment of digital solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
• Maintain engagement with the business throughout the development, deployment and implementation processes, ensuring that they are informed of progress and outstanding actions.
• Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by understanding needs and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
• Support coordination with Government and Partners on technical and digital activities and coordinate with other UN agencies in order to align activities and maximize possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and TC.
• Oversee Foundational ICT Services, identifying and implementing innovative solutions for challenges faced by colleagues, ensuring the provision of an efficient operation.
• Contribute to the development of plans and budgets and manage the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
• Monitor and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
• Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; contribute to technology upgrades as required.
• Contribute to technical specifications and tender documents that support the procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations.
• Collate and analyze data to contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying ideas to increase cost-efficiencies where possible.
• Facilitate and track compliance with global IT standards, including but not limited to actions related to cybersecurity, infrastructure, data center procedures, and asset management.
• Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
• Manage and motivate a team of staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance.
• Contribute to the capability building of staff through the review and/or design of appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and Telecommunications.
• Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
• Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
• Other as required.