ROLE PURPOSE: Providing senior management with analysis and information needed to make important operational, financial, and strategic decisions, by performing high quality budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance & IT Director Country Dimensions: Save the Children Jordan Member Office currently works in all 12 Govern-orates with a current staff complement of approximately 730 staff and current portfolio of approximately $ 37 million each year.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective Programmes, in both development and humanitarian contexts, by:
Roles and Responsibilities :
– Under the supervision of the Finance Director, the budgeting and reporting manager will review the financial reports to members and donors and ensure they are timely and in compliance to donor required templates and formats.
– Work closely with Budget holders to support the analysis of monthly variances and coordination of the budget realignment requests to the donors and advise Finance section for any revision.
– Work Closely with Program, HR & Logistics in the development of new Budgets Proposals.
– Review and Analyse the Master Budget and The Staff Gap Sheet, and report any potential concerns to the Finance Director.
– Review and Analyse BVAs (Budget Versus Actual) on monthly basis with the relevant program staff, check grants projection and discuss with the Budget Holders for cost extension, no cost extension, budget revisions and facilitate budget monitoring.
– Lead on providing several planning and analysis reports that provides a good all-around view of the organization’s current and forward-looking situation.
– Ensures that all spending plans received from the budget holders are reviewed and updated on the financial management system and request feedback on all over/under spending.
– Under the supervision of the Finance director, the budgeting and reporting manager will provide recommendations to address lack of funding coverage for the entire SCJ’s budgets.
– To lead the preparation process of the monthly Shared Program Cost Allocation, for Finance Director review and further approval.
– Work with the budgeting team for conducting regular training sessions in Amman and other field offices on Budget Management to All Program, Operations and Finance staff as needed.
– Review financial report submitted by Sub grantee and assures that it is in accordance with Donor requirement and processes it for further approval and reimbursement.
– Reviewing of monthly financial reports for external and internal purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements.
– Oversees training of finance staff and provides technical support to country programs and logistics.
– Makes frequent visits to Save The Children field and implementation partner offices to verify their financial reports and provide training to their staff on internal procedures and requirements.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
Takes responsibility for decision-making and efficient resource management, and holds team and partners accountable for delivery of their responsibilities by delegating effectively, affording staff professional autonomy, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved;
Engages and motivates others by widely sharing their personal vision for Save the Children;
Future orientated, strategic and global thinker.
Builds and maintains effective relationships with team, colleagues, members, donors and partners;
Values diversity as a source of competitive strength;
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions both on a personal level and by building and leading teams willing to take disciplined risks.
Honesty, openness, and transparency;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
Demonstrated experience in relevant field
Min 5 Years’ experience in Finance and Budgeting
Excellent organizational skills
Able to work within a team
Very good written and spoken English and Arabic languages and excellent communication skills.
Additional job responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Equal Opportunities: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCJ Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Child Safeguarding: We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCJ Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma