We are supporting one of our high profile clients based in Riyadh, looking to recruit Big Data Consultant to join their team.
The Big Data Consultant advises about big data strategies, leads the development of large-scale big data solutions, and decides on which big data technologies best fit the needs of the organization. The ideal candidate should have business experience as well as technical knowledge of a broad range of big data tools.
• Design strategies and programs to collect, store, analyze, and visualize data from various sources for specific projects
• Lead teams and projects, while ensuring the quality and on-time delivery according to the specifications
• Provide big data solution recommendations, and ensure the implementation of the chosen big data solution
• Partner with various sectors to build and share successful understanding of how value-added can be derived from large scale data sets.
• Help to design and enhance big data analytics portfolio within the organization: identify, validate and test analytics data.
• Provide/Suggest training programs for staff members when necessary.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Academic degree in AI/Machine Learning/Statistics & Math is a plus. (Can be substituted by proven successful industrial experience)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent command of English (Arabic is a plus)
• Commercial awareness
• Have the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Able to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
• Develop and reviews project plans, identifying and solving issues, resolves issues, and communicating status of assigned projects to users and managers
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Proven record of experience with terabyte or larger size poly-structured data sets.
• Awareness of the latest big data trends as well as know which big data technology companies are out on the market and would fit a chosen strategy.
• Sufficient technical knowledge and ability to program, preferably in different programming/scripting languages such as Python, R, Java, Ruby, Clojure, Matlab, Pig or SQL.
• Deep understanding of big data technologies, e.g. Hadoop, Hive, HBase, MongoDB and/or MapReduce.
• Familiarity with modelling techniques and disciplines like text mining, predictive analytics, clustering analysis, recommendation analysis, outlier detection, or similarity searches.
• Familiarity with both emerging and mature reporting and analytic tools such as Datameer, Platfora, Tableau, R, SAS, SPSS, Weka, Matlab, Mahout, etc.
• Ability to assess data sets and to verify of the quality and correctness of the available data.
• Understanding of the possibilities regarding public data
• Ability to create documents of high quality and work in a structured environment to follow procedures, processes and policies.
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Information Technology
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career