The technical consultant will be part of a product development organization that builds standard solutions to provide data exchange and business integration solutions, business modeling products and mobility solutions on Dynamics AX, and you will participate in developing standard software solutions built on top of standard Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Responsible for providing technical knowledge of the IT and DBMS (database management system) infrastructure required for successful operation of the Microsoft Dynamics application.
• Provides guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security.
• Defines the implementation and migration specification, making recommendations on hardware sizing and software upgrades.
• Assists the customer’s staff in upgrading hardware and software to meet Microsoft Dynamics installation requirements.
• Test reports for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to established standards.
• Executes planning and implementation of system tests to ensure functionality, configuration, and data comply with specifications and standards.
• Conducts or supports training for technical and IT management staff as defined in project scope.
• Has awareness of the prescribed Microsoft Dynamics implementation methodology, Sure Step; understands the key activities related to installation and environment setup.
• Responsible for the design and development of modifications or extensions to the standard Microsoft Dynamics applications.
• Responsible for coding, unit testing and creating supporting documentation for Microsoft Dynamics based Solutions.
• Gains understanding of customer’s needs and collaborates with other consultants and support teams to complete design and testing documentation. Provides technical input in creating functional specifications when customizations or extensions to Microsoft Dynamics solutions are needed.
• Responsible for driving the effort to migrate the customers’ data sources into Microsoft’s sources, ensuring proper alignment of data models. Offers support on Microsoft tools for migration and integration.
• Implements reports per requirements documents and standards.
• May be tasked with additional development tasks such as: developing data migration procedures to integrate Microsoft Dynamics Solutions to legacy systems; creating services to be called from Microsoft BizTalk Server for system integrations.
• Provides support and expertise on development technologies and environments.
• Test modifications for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to established standards.
• Participates in system and acceptance testing.
• Provides work estimates that permit prioritization and assignments to be made.
• Has awareness of the prescribed Microsoft Dynamics implementation methodology, Sure Step; understands how the development and related testing activities fit into the overall customer engagement life-cycle.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
• Bachelor’s degree in any technical discipline (B.Tech / MCA / Masters etc.). Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage
• PMP certificate, MBA would be an advantage.
• At least 3 – 5 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX (latest releases) development (X++, object oriented development
• .NET and/or ASP.NET development skills preferred. Experience with MS Visual Studio and TFS preferred.
• Proactive “problem solver,” focused on quality results. Creative and able to think “out-of- the-box”
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written in English)
• Open minded, quick thinker
• Able to both work independently and with a team
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal as in writing. Strong team player and high customer orientation
• Ability to work with international partners / customers. Exposure to cross-cultural working will be an added advantage.
- Job Location
- Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry
- Manufacturing and Production; Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Beauty and Fashion
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 10
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma