The Assistant Manager IT, Internal Audit is responsible for executing and reporting the information system , regulatory, and compliance related audits/reviews of the company and its subsidiaries.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff, providing key input to the execution of the annual audit plan, and sharing knowledge with the audit team. All organisational and professional ethical standards are maintained.
- To carry out IT Audit & other assignments pertaining to company’s applications, systems and IT Infrastructure under the supervision of Senior Manager IT Audit/ Chief Internal Auditor.
- To ensure that IT functions are in compliance with the company’s internal policies, regulator’s guidelines, IT global standards and security practices and other applicable laws/ISACA/IIA standards.
- Assist Senior Manager/ Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) in determining key risks associated with system/ applications/ processes within the company’s IT environment in providing assurance on adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls operating at the company.
- Support in managing the Audit Management system activities.
- Performed any other tasks as assigned by Senior IT Audit Manager/ CIA.
- Plans operational, financial, regulatory, or compliance, reviews/audits.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Conducts risks assessment and identifies controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditor(s), manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; finalizes reports prepared by audit team.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Recommends corrective action and suggests improvement.
- Plans and allocates resources and individuals in accordance with skills and strengths
- Analyses and concludes the effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of internal audit policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning;
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and presentations to management according to the approved annual audit plan.
- Benchmarks audit work processes against best practices and promoting continuous process improvements.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Banking; IT Services; Other Business Support Services|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|