When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
As an Assistant Manager in the BPS team, will act as an escalation point for issues raised by clients concerning the services provided by BPS and to manage and monitor the day-to-day work of the Engagement teams. Possesses thorough knowledge and broad experience in the specialization area and applies it effectively. Advises in daily situations and increases the technical knowledge of team. Recognized as a credible leader and demonstrates high professional behavior.
• Build, coordinate and maintain relationships with the Internal Business Customers, Support Functions, Technology Team and external clients.
• Ensuring all reporting requirements are met on regular/weekly basis.
• Staff management and development.
• Escalation to other internal team and Managers, Director and Partners across Service Lines Leads.
• Overall responsibility to ensure reporting quality and timeliness.
• Monitor and review the activities of the team so that invoices are paid in accordance with guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure posting of journals to general ledger on a monthly basis by Service Level Agreement deadlines and ensuring such journals are correctly processed.
• Ensure adhering to procedures and controls as defined by the Customer for the delivery of the service.
• Act as an escalation point for issues with Deloitte employees and their managers for any query, which can be resolved within the control of the accounts function.
• Proactively consider process improvements and efficiencies, implementing once agreed
• Responding to ad-hoc general enquiries from employees and suppliers via telephone and e-mail, requests for work additional to that defined in this SLA will be referred to the primary
• Customer contact for a management request to be completed and agreed.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Management.
• Minimum: Mandatory Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in Accounting, Finance, Management or other related areas. MBA in finance is a plus.
• Post Graduate: Not required but good to have in Accounting, Finance or Tax.
• Certification: Not Required but good to have in areas such as Accounting, Quality Control, Project Management etc.
• Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing). Candidate must be an Arabic bilingual
• Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and assertive manner and without damaging client relations.
• Ability to build and sustain teams, contributing, sharing and applying knowledge.
• Ability to make recommendations for process improvements supported by sound facts and judgements.
• Ability to balance the workload of the team to meet deadlines and address priorities
• Understand client’s business needs and handle queries and exceptions effectively.
• Ability to perform complex transactional activities.
• Superior accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to self-check work.
• High attention to detail and should have good command on English language.
• A strong, proactive client service focus and being comfortable in dealing with them personally.
• Ability to work in deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to rapidly learn and apply new methodologies, frameworks, and tools.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute individually and also collaborate.
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office including advanced Excel skills, SAP preferred.
• Strong analytical, organisational and good judgement skills and ability to provide solutions with limited escalation
• Ability to develop relationships with internal business customers that foster strong coordination between teams.
Deloitte is the world’s largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity