The Assistant and Information Management Officer:
Is responsible for information management in the delegation:
• Organises and manages the coherent and efficient information flow (internal & external),
• Writes and revises information management and communication procedures and guidelines,
• Implements and monitors projects related to ICRC information environment strategy,
• Proposes changes and improvements in order to ensure the right treatment and sharing of documents,
• Keeps various databases and lists updated,
• Makes sure that institutional documents are properly filed,
• Trains and supports users on all topics related to information management.
Is the reference person for the following:
ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving and how to use standard computer technology. Ensure compliance with the rules of visual identity in external presentations, letterheads, etc.
• Ensures that all users apply ICRC related policy and procedures.
Trains, supervises and supports the staff under her/his responsibility and implement whatever changes are needed to ensure optimal performance.
Supports the head of delegation and the management team:
Acts as a facilitator within the management team and eases decision making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work flow. Is responsible for the general secretarial work of the management and will, amongst other tasks,
• Distribute or manage paper and electronic mail, and ensure filling.
• Create and proofread documents in Arabic, English and French is a plus,
• Translate simple documents from English to Arabic and vice versa,
• Manage the agenda of the management and external contacts,
• Organise and prepare meetings with external interlocutors,
• Take minutes of meetings if requested.
• University degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ work experience in a similar function with good reference.
• Information management, records management and secretarial expertise.
• Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic. Very good oral and written communication skills in English. French is a plus.
• Very good computer skills, incl. Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in using collaboration tools/platforms, Internet, etc.
• Capacity to work independently.
• Excellent organisational, methodical abilities.
• Sense of initiative, pro-activeness and setting priorities.
• Flexibility, patience, diplomacy resistance to stress inherent to a “multi-tasking” job and capacity to adapt to changes.
• Very good communication skills and being at ease with internal and external interlocutors.
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
• Interest for humanitarian activities (especially ICRC’s).
• Flexibility to travel.
The last date for receiving the applications is 16 August 2018
- Job Location
- Maadi, Cairo , Egypt
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma