• As a Hair & Skin Assistant Category Manager the person will be accountable for delivering brand performance targets in the region, and driving value creation for the categories. The role is an extension of the Region and Global Category team, leading all Brand management activities in the region.
• Responsibilities are planning, in alignment with local customer marketing & sales teams, and the execution of all consumer programs and assets to drive effective, local activation on your brand.
• Input to the situation assessment of the categories in the Region, contributing to defining the Region “Jobs to be Done” each year as part of the annual OP
• Extend the regional JTBDs into a robust region brand plan, coordinating with your local Customer Marketing (SM and CCD) team to deliver maximum impact in-market and deliver annual Brand financial and commercial targets
• Manage an A&P budget for the brands your brand
• Lead the in-market delivery of all consumer-facing Brand activities and partner with Customer Marketing on all trade-facing activities, ensuring execution excellence
• Work with Insights to ensure we measure and evaluate the performance of all Brand activities in your Region to optimize A&P spend
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Consumer, shopper and customer understanding
• Partner with your Customer Development team to build deep understanding of the target consumer and shopper for your Brand in your Region in order to tailor local execution of Brand activities effectively
• Actively consult on the situation assessment for the Brand in your business unit, partnering with Regional Consumer & Commercial Insights to develop local consumer, shopper and customer learning on triggers and barriers to Brand growth
• Responsible for development of Commercial Plan in coordination with supply chain, CCD and Shopper Marketing
• Responsible to track, analyze and propose actions from different consumer understanding initiatives on the brands.
• Responsible to drive all aspects of projects such as organizing for management approvals and launching New Product Development with excellence.
• Responsible to closely co-ordinate with the technical team for product finalization and updating of evolving cost elements in the evolving project financials.
• Responsible to ensure with Supply chain, Packing material, and Raw Material/Capacity are in place for the 1st time industrial production of new NPD.
• Responsible for information on evolving category situation/ brand performance – Market trends/ Share evolution/ consumer immersion and feedback/ brand analysis/activity specific analysis etc.
• Responsible- Above-the-line (ABL) – (TV, Print, Outdoor) Agency briefings & creative development film (briefing, development, production, testing); Below-the-line (BTL) execution – Promotions/ activities/Point of Sale Development /Liaising with Shopper Marketing for good execution.
Category & brand strategy and activity planning
• Provide Region Brand input into the definition of “Jobs To Be Done” in the L&I Region Integrated Activity Plan under the overall co-ordination of the Customer Marketing team at business unit level
• Work closely with Customer Development team to extend the brand plans and execute them with relevance in the markets
Integrated brand communication
• Leads in-market execution and implementation of all consumer-facing elements of the region brand plan and provides brand input to Shopper Marketing on all shopper-facing activity on the brand
• Leads localization of brand communications plan, including local planning & buying of media with agency partner
• Works with Regional and Global Marketing Category Teams to ensure that all brand content programs and partnerships developed at Region level are activated and commercialized effectively in-market, including execution of ATL, digital and experiential programs and partnering with Shopper Marketing on advocacy programs as required
• Ensure that all brand assets developed in the business unit adhere to Global Brand guidelines and local social responsibility policies
Business performance management
• Accountable for delivery of Brand performance targets in Region (turnover, profitability, market shares,)
• Work with Insights to ensure measurement & evaluation plan in place on all brand activities in the relevant markets
• Rigorously manage brand A&P budget, in order to minimize costs and optimize returns on investment
• Actively monitor Brand KPIs and provide guidance on corrective action to achieve agreed objectives
Critical Experiences for Success
To be successful in this role you will have/be
• Brand management experience in progressive roles, leading different Marketing projects
• Experience multiple specialty areas: digital, innovation, promotions, events, media, etc.
• Verbal/written skills at all levels in an organization; ability to generate meaningful presentations
• Degree and/or professional Marketing qualifications
• Fluent command in English and Arabic
The following experiences are preferred
• Ability to work under pressure and to deal with ambiguity
• Comprehension of competitive market for brand and Category in the Region and how to use available data to develop initiatives to grow the brand/ Prior FMCG experience would be preferred
Technical Skillset Require
• Multi-tasking, Structured thinking, Ability to pre-empt issues.
• Understanding of Marketing and Sales planning – Awareness of concepts and demonstrated ability to apply.
• Optimization of budgets, want and ability to extract value.
Behaviors Skill Set Require
• Ability to build relationships/ team player
• Ambitious with an innovation mindset.
• Has the ability to work out ‘win-win’ solutions in the process of extracting value from stakeholders.
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter’s day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We’re constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.