Our client is now recruiting for an Area Sales Manager. You will be directly reporting to the Country Leader. This position will be based in Egypt.
This position is the primary connection between the AIR Business Unit and the AIR distributors& customers. The Distributor Manager is responsible for managing the sales that are generated through the Distributor Network and for improving the performance of his/her specific Distributors, and thereby improves the business results of the Business Unit. The main focus of the Distributor Manager is performance improvement of the sales and service activities that can be provided by the Distributor and thus driving the Customer Satisfaction Index Scores. On case to case basis distributor manager will also be involved on direct business as applicable in respective markets
KEY RESPONSIB ILITY /ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS PERFORMANCE MEASURES& OUTCOMES
• Distributor Principal Consultant – Consult with the Distributor to establish business strategy, future plans, and manage operational issues.
• Develop business excellence projects that will strengthen the Dealer.
• Regularly review the Dealer business results against plans, and identify actions to address any shortcomings.
• Sales Leader / Trainer – Use Channel Management tools and Sales tools to support and train the dealer sales population.
• Increase the overall competence of the dealer’s sales population. Specifically focus on solution/value selling skills, negotiating skills, distributor consultancy skills, and business acumen to understand the distributors business. Flag any potential gaps in the skills and knowledge of the dealer sale’s population, and then with the Dealer Principle, create an action plan to address the gaps.
• Regional Performance Management – Meet defined sales objectives for the distributors within his/her region for the defined AIR product range on both completes and aftermarket side. Measure, monitor, and evaluate business performance via centralized tools and establish objectives for improvement. Use established metrics to track overall sales, new product sales, and aftermarket.
• Regional Brand Management – Propose and Support marketing approaches in the field as i.e. product launches, press days, customer events, trade shows etc.
• Participate in trade shows and industry associations. Be the driver of Ingersoll Rand brand awareness improvement in the region through the distribution channel.
• Establish annual marketing plans, budget with distributors, monitor the execution and track results.
• Feedback market information and customer information to increase the overall knowledge of the market.
• Operational Planning – Provide information and support in helping set forecasts, Annual Operating Plan for the distribution network. Complete any necessary market information requests.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES& OUTCOMES
• Completes revenue & bookings results –
• Gross Margin, TLME
• % Past Due Receivables
• Pipeline sufficiency
• Customer visits & market coverage
• Key account management
EXPERTISE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Technical sales knowledge of compressed air systems and products essential.
• Knowledge of Competitor equipment is preferred.
• Proven track record, preferably 3 – 5 years, of results in selling and negotiation in with Distributors in Industrial
• markets with exposure to direct business.
• Excellent communication and customer relationship building skills are critical.
• Flexibility, initiative, willingness to drive change in process and systems essential.
• Proven ability to work closely with different organisational levels (in a matrix structure), internally and externally.
• IT skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and e-mail essential.
• Strong commercial acumen essential.
• Managing conflict situations both internally and with customers.
• English knowledge, spoken and written.
• Self-motivated, yet a proven team player.
• Ability to handle high volumes of work and with an attention to detail.
• Comfortable multi-tasking across activities, people, systems and processes.
• Willingness to learn, but also prepared to use of own initiative where necessary.
- Job Location:
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry:
- Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Type:
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Job Ref.:
- Career Level: