GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will work closely with APM functional consultants to define requirements, develop technical specifications for APM implementations/upgrades and 3rd party integrations. You will act as the technical lead, in an individual contributor role, on these engagements, contributing to software implementation, troubleshooting, customization, and integration into customer systems while balancing scope versus project time and resource commitments.
– Analysis & solution design activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
– Deploy Modules and Features to support Meridium APM project pillars. (Reliability Engineering, Mechanical Integrity, Asset Health and Failure Elimination, Safety)
– Apply configuration changes per approved functional / technical design (Configure Family and Fields, Business Rules, Family Policies, Behaviors, Risk Matrix, Dashboards, Queries, Graphs, Reports, APM Policies, Strategy Rules, Schedules, Apply Security Changes and Add Security Users)-Perform installation and/or programming tasks related to agreed interface & conversion specifications and/or application assignments, including agreed upon system tailoring and customization.
– Designs workflows in software to meet customer needs.
– Provide expert knowledge and experience to collaborate with the customer to identify technical requirements and estimate the technical effort required to implement complex software solutions
– Supports the solution design, functional and technical requirements discovery and definition
– Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions
– Collaborate with Program/Project Managers and Services Consultants throughout the project to identify and scope applications changes while adhering to the change management process
– Execute on and serve as techno-functional lead for the implementation of APM software solutions.
– Own functional & technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
– Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on design, and functionality to keep projects on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
– Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution and implement processes to ensure best use of GE Digital products and services.
– Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive team member, supporting pre-sale strategy (as needed) and project execution.
– May serve as a technical leader or mentor on complex, integrated customer implementations, either within individual project teams and/or cross-organizationally.
– Effectively apply APM software execution methodology and project standards.
– Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
– Work independently as well as part of the team.
– Maintain strong customer relationships and possess effective communication skills
– Engineer with experience in areas such as FMEA, RCM, RBI, RCA, SIS (HAZOP Analysis)
– 5+ years field experience directly in industry with equipment operations, maintenance, and
– Meridium APM technical certification
– Must be willing to travel 50% ~75%
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
– Background in consulting
– Knowledge of industrial standards and best practices
– Lead customer workshops to generate value based use cases
– Analyze industrial trends and customer business objectives to deliver relevant trainings and workshops
– Develop a consulting approach to conceptualize, define, drive, and execute engagement and
culture change strategies
– Participate in strategy and planning sessions to help solve client issues
– Work with stakeholder, at all levels, to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas
– Ability to adapt and learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment
– Experience in software analysis, design, quality assurance, architecture, and Agile development methodology . Prior customer support or system implementation experience desired
– Applies technical fundamentals in specific projects. Applies architecture development process & methods at various stages of the project lifecycle. Applies architecture adoption best practices on multiple programs.
– Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions.
– Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
– Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.