The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support for a department/division and serves as the initial interface between the department/division and the internal and external community. Routinely interacts with multiple constituencies including faculty, staff, and students, and is specifically responsible for being the first point of contact for individual’s in-person and via telephone and email. Facilitates all routine office functions in addition to special projects as needed. This position requires initiative, professionalism, and high levels of integrity and confidentiality. This person is responsible for handling sensitive material as it relates to the Division, faculty, staff, and students. It requires an employee who can make independent decisions when necessary and work without close supervision.
- Efficient and sensitive handling of all administrative tasks as they relate to the division.
- Schedule appointments/locations for the Division Dean; maintain and monitor office calendar
- Responsible for maintaining record of minutes of meetings within the division
- Compose and/or draft for Dean Correspondence to various college constituencies, as well as those outside the college community as appropriate
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements
- Continually update and maintain required departmental and divisional procedure handbook(s)
- Serves as the first point of contact for the office. Greets and receives all visitors, answers and screens phone calls with discretion and curtsey, refers individuals to appropriate staff, and ensures accurate and timely assistance in all matters.
- Provides overall administrative support to the department/division including but not limited to: entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; relaying messages; maintaining files; monitoring equipment; coordinating faxes; and assessing and ordering supplies.
- Writes and types correspondence, reports, and other materials for own or supervisor’s signature. Proofreads and edits copy generated by supervisor and others.
- Oversees maintenance of electronic and paper filing systems and databases including retrieval of information, supervision of data entry, interfacing with IT for problem resolution, and revising existing or creating new processes for maximum efficiency. May also assist with updates to department website.
- Manages the department email account, responding to all emails in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintains supervisor’s calendar as needed, ensuring content is accurate and up to date.
- Assists with travel arrangements for department staff, including preparing hotel reservations, scheduling flights, and transportation.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, training, and evaluating student assistants.
- May supervise the daily workload of other support staff.
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting with the budget preparation and record keeping.
- Responsible for planning and arranging logistics for meetings and special events.
- Assumes additional respons
- Company Industry
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma