This position is responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Qualification’s requirements for the position:
• Degree in Accounting
• At least 5 years in the same field
• English language ability
• Ethical Conduct
• Problem solving
• Analytic ability
• Ten key by touch
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Interpersonal skills
• Oral communication
• Written communication
• Quality control
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• Reasonable knowledge of bookkeeping principles, particularly as applied to governmental accounting.
• Some knowledge of computers, menu driven software and Windows along with computer data entry processes.
• Skill in the operation of standard office machinery including ten-key adding machine and typewriter.
• Ability to apply bookkeeping and accounting principles to the maintenance of Accounts Payable and Finance records.
• Ability to make involved and varied arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
• Ability to tabulate statistical data and compile necessary reports.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and other staff..
An employee in this classification may perform any of the following duties. However, these examples may not include all the specific tasks which an employee may be expected to perform. Performs basic to moderately complex bookkeeping and accounting tasks associated with the preparation and maintenance of Accounts Payable and other Financial matters.
• Receive and document individual invoices.
• Enter invoices into the system.
• Prepare and distribute accounts payable checks.
• Manually prepare checks as needed.
• Prepare all accounts payable related transfer checks.
• Match invoices with purchase orders, where applicable, purchase order requisitions, where applicable, and evidence of receipt of goods or services.
• Balance and maintain all accounts payable reports.
• Maintain and file all invoices and other applicable supporting documentation, i.e., purchase orders, purchase order requisitions, and evidence of receipt of goods or services, by vendor name.
• Answer inquiries from vendors regarding accounts payable and related matters.
• Prepare or assist in preparing any reports.
• Prepare necessary month end reports.
• Supervise tagging of fixed assets.
• Receive documentation for disposal of fixed assets. Compile and submit report for the monthly board meeting.
• Once approved for disposal, supervise the disposals of the fixed assets.
• With board approval, supervise tagging of any donations of equipment.
• Update the system with all new additions, deletions, donations and transfers of equipment.
• Reconcile the fixed asset inventory to general ledger.
• Conduct inventories on a periodic basis.
• Prepare all necessary year end reports.
• Perform such other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager and/or CFO.
- Job Location
- New Cairo, Cairo , Egypt
- Company Industry
- Real Estate
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Job Ref.
- Career Level
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 28 Max: 30