Niagara College KSA is entering into year 3 delivery of a Capability Building Contract (CBC) in partnership with Technical Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), Colleges’ of Excellence (CoE) and the TVTC Female College in Madinah, Saudi Arabia. Objectives of the project are to develop and execute a detailed College Improvement Plan (CIP) which focuses on enhancing the delivery of academic programmes, administrative capabilities and campus facilities. In order to realize the action plan detailed in the CIP, NC KSA is currently seeking international educational and administrative experts who are fluent in Arabic with a demonstrated track record in coaching, mentoring and capacity building to join our team.
Operating within an institutional environment, faculty mentors / coaches will build capacity in college vocational trainers, employing participatory development and collaborative principles to enhance capability and transfer institutional knowledge as part of a wider change management process.
The Trainer Coach provides academic support to all faculty members and serves as an integral member of the College administrative team with campus-wide responsibilities for coordinating the development and implementation of curricula and course schedules for designated faculty. The Coach will deliver a combination of workshops, class-based instruction, on-the-job observation and coaching, ongoing mentorship at pre-determined intervals in line with its profile within the CIP. The Coach will also serve as academic resources to partner trainers as approved by the Provider Head.
Key Area Of Specialization:
- Hair and Beauty
- Hair styling techniques
- Hair care and repair knowledge
- Hair colouring techniques
- Body skin care techniques
- Facial skin care applications
- Make-up applications, hair removal, eyelashes, brows, and nails
- Customer service
- Salon management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, writes and delivers bespoke teacher training workshops with follow up coaching sessions.
- Trains faculty on a variety of delivery modes, teaching methodology and evaluation.
- Develops links to teaching and curriculum development with labour market needs.
- Develops and/or revision of curricula; quality assurance and assessment processes.
- Develops course schedules and faculty assignments for vocational programs.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the faculty advancement processes.
- Records personal training plans, faculty progress, surveys and monthly data reporting.
- Participates in the development and implementation of Campus policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Resolves issues and problems that may arise with faculty, staff and students.
- Serves on Campus committees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience working in the hair, beauty, or esthetics sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Experience of training the trainer models, training methods, techniques and formats.
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational teaching methods and assessment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written) in English and Arabic
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to design student centered, performance based and demand driven programs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to coach, supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Ideal candidates will possess a coaching profile that includes:
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in discipline or a related discipline or equivalent with relevant industry experience; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 (five) years’ experience of developed country experience.
- Experience providing instruction, training, coaching or mentoring through formal and informal methods, in classroom and professional workplace environments.
- Experience in teacher training, quality assurance and curriculum development.
- Experience in change management, organizational development with educational environments.
- Fundamental understanding of the TVET sector and college system, preferably in Canada.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven interdisciplinary teamwork proficiency.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the GCC region preferred.
The position offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: a market-linked salary, accommodation (if living out of area) travel, vacation & comprehensive benefits.
How to apply:
- Select the “Apply Now” button displayed in the job posting and follow the instructions provided
- It is required that the mandatory questionnaire be completed
- Ensure that your Bayt profile and CV information provided is up-to-date, and that you list all relevant work experience and education
- Candidates will be shortlisted based solely on the information they provide through Bayt
- If experience is not included, the system will fail to recognize your qualifications and may automatically screen out your application
- To confirm that your application has been accepted, check My Workspace->Dashboard->My Job Applications
- If your application does not appear, please re-submit; ensure that you have completed the mandatory questionnaire
- All applications must be received through Bayt in order to be considered for review
- Niagara College Saudi Arabia is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please inform us
- Job Location
- Medina, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Education, Training, and Library; Personal Care and Service; Healthcare, other
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma