Chairman – General Pediatrics in Al Madinah
Paediatrics – General
Professional Connections is contracted to hire European, Australian, New Zealand and US passport holders only for this hospital.
On 26 September 2018, The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques has made an announcement to transform Al Meeqat Hospital in Al Madinah Al Munawwarah into a specialized hospital, integrated with King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre (General Organization). The construction of Al Meeqat Hospital is still ongoing and current review and assessment for the design of the facility is being done for the repurposing in accordance to the KFSH&RC standards.
When completed and fully operational, Al Meeqat Hospital will provide high-end healthcare services to its patients. Al Meeqat Hospital has a 300-bed capacity.
This project contributes to the Organization’s goal to expand its services throughout the Kingdom and gives emphasis to the reputation of KFSH&RC as a leading national medical institution and its ability to deliver the highest standards of providing medical care.
• Job Title: Chairman, Pediatrics
• Department: Pediatrics
Roles And Responsibilities
• Leads the department in accordance with the vision, mission, strategic priorities, goals and objectives of KFSH&RC.
• Accountable to Executive Director – Medical and Clinical Affairs for effective operations and management of allocated resources of the department. Plans, submits and monitors the operational budget of the department. Manages departmental processes, performance, quality, education and research, in order to provide effective service in accordance with medical staff bylaws, and the hospital’s policies and procedures. Serves as an advocate of the department’s interests. Has a half-time clinical load compared to that of a Consultant in his specialty.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides required patient care and management in the field of Pediatrics in accordance with policies and procedures of KFSH&RC.
• Assumes responsibilities for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specializations to provide appropriate and timely medical care in accordance with the standards of medical care laid down by KFSH&RC.
• Complies with all hospital standards and policies pertaining to acceptance, eligibility, admission processes consultation, daily patient care, operating room, outpatient practices, and patient discharge.
• Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures findings are recorded. Assesses patients’ diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
• Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
• Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents findings in medical records.
• Follows-up on investigation results for inpatients and outpatients and modifies treatment accordingly.
• Attends speciality clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
• Performs any other clinical responsibilities, as assigned.
• Promotes Postgraduate Training Programs, Continuing Medical Education activities, international symposia and other required educational and training courses and ensures evaluation and reporting of such activities.
• Leads and promotes educational activities for Residents, Fellows, Assistant Consultants, junior staff and other members of the department.
• Introduces and implements new advances and techniques for complex procedures in the area of specialization.
• Hosts national and international medical conferences in KFSH&RC and participates in similar conferences abroad.
• Leads and promotes clinical, basic and translational research and publication of papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council in order to advance, knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
• Develops the department’s Strategic Plan, Goals and Objective in conformance with the overall strategic plan of Medical and Clinical Affairs. Provides quarterly reports on the progress made by the department on the Goals and Objectives.
• Ensures that the department and its staff perform in accordance with agreed Performance Objectives. Reports the Performance to the Executive Director- Medical & Clinical Affairs, on a periodic basis. Undertakes and leads the conduct of any corrective action that may be required, to improve the performance results of the department and its staff.
• Ensures that patient care and clinical services rendered by the department are in accordance with appropriate quality standards. Promotes the implementation of Quality Improvement Programs in the department.
• Leads initiatives for maximizing the utilization of all resources within the department and coordinates the same across the hospital.
• Ensures that patient care is provided in conformance with the Patient’s Bill of Rights by the department and its staff.
• Obtains feedback from all customers and interested parties and takes appropriate action as required. Uses the feedback to improve quality of patient care.
• Acts as leader and a role model and promotes a culture of experience.
• Ensures that there is adequate and uninterrupted coverage in the Department. Manages the work distribution and leave schedules of the staff and resolves related issues to ensure efficient workflow.
• Ensures resources are available to respond to routine, request or emergency service provisions and to expand outputs, service and facilities, as needed.
• Recommends appointment of Deputy Chairmen (en), Heads of Sections, Program Directors and other important staff members for the Department
• Conducts annual evaluation of Departmental staff, in consultation with Section Heads and makes recommendations to Medical and Clinical Affairs.
• Fosters integration and collaboration with Nursing, Clinical Services, Administration, Support Services and other Departments to ensure that required patient care is being provided, in accordance with standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
• Establishes systems and processes for assignment, evaluation and renewal of clinical privileges for the departmental staff and makes recommendations on the same. Monitors adherence of staff members to assigned clinical privileges and recommends immediate modification of clinical privileges to ensure patient safety, whenever necessary.
• Enforces and monitors the adherence of all members of his Department to the Medical Staff Bylaws and rules and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
• Reports investigates and takes timely and appropriate action in response to non-conformities, complaints and incident reports.
• Prepares and manages the annual Operating Budget of the Department and the annual Capital Equipment budget for the medical and clinical units associated with the Department, in conjunction with Nursing Affairs and Clinical Services, wherever applicable.
• Participates in capital equipment purchase planning, evaluation and implementation.
• Chairs regular departmental staff meetings to review and discuss patient care, policies, education, research, resource utilization administrative activities. Participants as a member of the Medical Advisory Council.
• Develops policies and procedures for the department as necessary. Facilitates the development of by-laws, rules and regulations and hospital policies of KFSH&RC.
• Makes timely decisions and authorizes all policies, procedures, and by-laws for his Department.
• Responds to any queries and requests from the regulatory and government bodies.
• Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps self-updated of any changes that might occur.
• Perfoms other related duties, responsibilities, and assignments as required
• Participates in self and others’ education, training and development, as applicable.
• Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
• Generous tax-free income.
• Lucrative benefits package to include free fully furnished accommodation, free healthcare, free flights and 54 days paid leave per year.
• Other benefits +++
• Refer to the approved Credentialing guidelines.
• Ten (10) years of clinical experience in a sub specialty including four (4) years in in Admin Capacity, plus post-training experience is required.
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.