– The Tailor is responsible for various alteration tasks as per the customers’ needs and requests, and as reported to him/her by the sales staff, within the agreed upon deadline.
– Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations
– Measure parts such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
– Take up or let down hems to shorten or lengthen garment parts such as sleeves.
– Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
– Record required alterations and instructions on tags, and attach them to garments.
– Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
– Fit, alter, repair, and make made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
– Inform sales executives if the alteration would be possible
– Coordinate with them for details of the alteration
– Inform the customers about when it will be fixed.
– Purchase the needed materials for various tasks.
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group’s success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group’s competitive edge in today’s market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.