An outstanding opportunity has become available with our key client who is a one of the GCC’s leading Engineering and Ship repairing companies. They have requested the immediate assistance of Gulf Connexions to help them in their urgent search to identify an experienced finance professional to take up the post of Chief Financial Officer. The newly appointed CFO will be responsible for the development and implementation of the finance strategy as well as having general oversight across all finance related matters for the business. This role would suit a highly ambitious and proactive finance expert looking to join a fast paced, progressive business.
• Actively manage and lead the companies finance team.
• Oversee operations for the finance department and manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
• Act as a Strategic business partner to the CEO-Providing strategic financial support and guidance.
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
• Review all financial data and provide the relevant monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Play a key role in developing annual business plans and other suitable reporting to measure business performance and KPI.
• Assist in the development and improvement of business intelligence across all levels of the business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
• MBA or equivalent post graduate degree is desirable.
• Fully qualified accountant (CFA/CPA/CMA or equivalent) would be preferred.
• 15 years + work experience in professional accounting/finance within the industrial industry of which the last 5 years must be at a senior management level.
• A proven track record of leading a finance team.
• Strong organisational and leadership skills are mandatory.
• Excellent personal and business presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Highly organized and responsive to tight deadlines.
• Project management skills.
• A commercial mindset with a flexible and pragmatic approach.
Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text
Due to the high number of inbound applications we are only able to respond directly to shortlisted candidates. All other profiles will be stored on our internal database for future consideration. If you have not received communication from a member of the recruitment team within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occassion